Thursday, May 3, 2012

May Zakka Project

You're probably wondering where January - April are...I know some of them have been published but I need to get caught up.

First, what is Zakka? It is the Japanese style of something useful that is also beautiful to look at. We are doing these classes once a month at our local Jo-Ann's and I'm finding it lots of fun. Also, I'm getting tons of Christmas gifts out of the process.

Anyways, back to May's project. Tomorrow night we will have the first session on using up ties in quilts. I have a ton of my dad's old ties that I've been wanting to do something with. So tonight I did the first step to getting there by washing them all. My plan for the piece doesn't really intend to ever have these washed again, but they've been in storage for a long time and needed a good wash. Here they are drying, and should be ready for me to pack up in the morning.

Tomorrow night I'll have an update on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment