So my little puppy James had surgery on his knee last week to correct his luxating patella. He is on strict movement control for 8 weeks. This is proving to be very hard for him, as he is still a puppy and doesn't understand why he must stay in his playpen. So I had friend who sent me this baby sling pattern and tried it out with some fleece I had at home. My thought is to use it for our evening walks so that he can get out of the house. We tried it out tonight just in the house and he seemed to like it ok for a little bit. It works pretty well if he's sitting/laying on his back. Plenty of room for his bad leg and it's not crushed. We'll try it out tomorrow for a short walk to see if it works or if the temptations of outside sights is too much.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Contrary to what the blog would havee you think I really have been working on stuff. My Google account was hacked into earlier in the year and then after that I couldn't do the mobile posting, which is mostly how I'd been posting what I'd been working on. So, to summarize what I've been working on:
- I've completed my hand applique sampler except for the vase. The vase I created doesn't fit anymore, so I need to find a new one.
- I finished the binding on The Quilt That Never Ends. It is now hanging in my kitchen.
- I just got back my Turning Thirty quilt from my quilter and it's waiting for binding.
- I worked on some of the applique for my BOM from 2008 and continued to cut out blocks.
- I have been working on a baby quilt for a friend and am almost done with the quilting.