Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Update!

Contrary to what the blog would havee you think I really have been working on stuff. My Google account was hacked into earlier in the year and then after that I couldn't do the mobile posting, which is mostly how I'd been posting what I'd been working on. So, to summarize what I've been working on:
  • I've completed my hand applique sampler except for the vase. The vase I created doesn't fit anymore, so I need to find a new one.
  • I finished the binding on The Quilt That Never Ends. It is now hanging in my kitchen.
  • I just got back my Turning Thirty quilt from my quilter and it's waiting for binding.
  • I worked on some of the applique for my BOM from 2008 and continued to cut out blocks.
  • I have been working on a baby quilt for a friend and am almost done with the quilting.
The baby quilt is my first priority right now. Then I need to get ready for the quilt retreat in less than two weeks!!!!  I don't feel prepared but I still have one weekend to go. My biggest mistake last year was that I spent too much time cutting at the retreat. I've been working a lot to try and make sure that the current projects I am taking with me have as much cutting done before we go. I would love to finish the BOM from 2008 but I think that might be a pipe dream. I will still have fun though, no matter what I get accomplished!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the google problem!
    Your completed projects are a lot. I took the summer off, so really have gotten very little done.
    Enjoy your retreat. I agree that getting the cutting done ahead of time will be helpful! Can't wait to hear how you enjoyed yourself there~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing all my cutting at home too! Great minds think alike. LOL Bring your BOM, anything you get done is a plus, even if it doesn't get done. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilts when you get a chance to put them up.

    ReplyDelete