Monday, September 12, 2011

Doggie Sling?

So my little puppy James had surgery on his knee last week to correct his luxating patella. He is on strict movement control for 8 weeks. This is proving to be very hard for him, as he is still a puppy and doesn't understand why he must stay in his playpen. So I had friend who sent me this baby sling pattern and tried it out with some fleece I had at home. My thought is to use it for our evening walks so that he can get out of the house. We tried it out tonight just in the house and he seemed to like it ok for a little bit. It works pretty well if he's sitting/laying on his back. Plenty of room for his bad leg and it's not crushed. We'll try it out tomorrow for a short walk to see if it works or if the temptations of outside sights is too much.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! It's only going to get harder to keep him off that leg. Hope he heals fast!

    ReplyDelete