Wednesday, May 1, 2013

March UFO (a little late)

The end of March was super-rough and I didn't finish my project in time for the UFO game, but I did finish it in April. The project was my framed star quilt from Fons and Porter. I believe (if memory serves) that this was the first quilt I did with my quarter-inch foot and it shows. I quilted it at the retreat last September all free-motion. April's project was to get the binding on.

I don't know what it will be used for. It may be the first of my baby quilt stash but it would be hard to part with because I'm so proud of the quilting. For right now it will just hang out here.

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely! The colors and pattern are eye catching, and great work on the quilting! I have what's supposed to be my first fmq project sitting basted... I'm afraid to move away from straight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid. I practiced for a long time on Project Linus quilts, which would go to charity. Those recipients don't care if the quilting isn't perfect. Then I started on small wall hangings. It's fun to get outside the box in free-motion.

    ReplyDelete