Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

I haven't been posting a lot lately but I was working my butt off trying to finish some sewing and scrapbooking Christmas projects. I made baked potato cookers, tissue box cozies and vacation scrapbooks as Christmas presents. I really went all Iola Boylen this year!

We've also had a death in the family. My cat Miagi died on Christmas night from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It's basically heart disease for cats. We only had a week from the time he was diagnosed until we had to send him to Heaven to spend with him, and I tried to make the most of it. I've been having a hard time, crying at the drop of the hat. But it will get better.

I'm trying to look forward to the new year and how I want to organize my crafting. I feel like I got a little burned out last year working on one project until it was done. So I think I want to take some of the larger projects I have and break them up into smaller chunks which can be tackled in one month. Then I can plan to get a little done on each project each month.

I was pleasantly surprised to get both my Big Block Throw and The Quilt That Never Ends back from the quilter before Christmas. I worked on the binding for those quilts on the long drive to and from Texas and while we were at my mom's house. I finished the Big Block Throw while in Texas and began the binding for the other on the way back.

My plan for January is as follows:

UFO: Binding on The Quilt That Never Ends

Civil War Stars: Row 1
Stars Around the Garden: Stems on Center Applique
Scrap Happy: Cutting
Pink Bliss: Row 1

Other Projects:
Turning Twenty

I'm sure there will be some other projects added as I can think of them but this is the plan for January.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to list out your projects! And again, so sorry about your kitty baby. It's so hard.

    ReplyDelete