Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March UFO Progress

Tonight I finally made progress on my March UFO. Last night I took some old pre-fold binding that I had bought and ironed it into French fold binding. Tonight I attached it to the front of the quilt and I'll spend the next few evenings binding. I really wanted to machine finish the binding but I never like the way it turns out so hand-finishing it is.

Sunday and Monday night I spent trying to clean up some of my sewing space. I couldn't even unpack my machine and put it on my table so I started trying to clean up and out. Kyle has threatened spring cleaning this Saturday so I better be prepared.

I also realized that one of our yearly shop-hops is next Friday and I'm not organized! Last year I had a list of projects and the finishing pieces I needed for them. It worked really well! Since I'm so focused on UFOs this year, I'm not sure how to prep. One option I am considering is that we really need a new quilt for our bed. The quilt we were given for our wedding is starting to rip in some places, and I'd like to take it out of bed rotation while I can still use it. Maybe I will find a pattern I like and buy fabric for that. Of course, then I'd have to add that to the list of projects. Maybe something challenging like a Mariner's compass or a large Lemoine star...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your UFO! And keeping your sewing space clean, is a never ending job. I don't understand how it can become so messy, so fast. Have fun on the shop hop.

    ReplyDelete