Sunday, October 6, 2013

October UFO - Christmas Runner

My UFO for October was my Christmas Runner project that I began a couple of years ago. The pattern was designed by Donna Lynn Thomas, who taught a class on perfect piecing. We learned lots of tips on how to get perfect points, the best quarter inch and lots of other things. I quiltedthis table runner at the last retreat but hadn't put binding on it.
Are you sensing a theme that many of my UFOs are due to my dislike of binding??
I used the Quilter's Boot, a new tool I got to do the mitered corners without the bulk. The jury is still out on it - this was my first project using it. I have another binding to work on that may be better.
Another benefit of this class/project was that I was able to make this entire project out of my scraps/stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment