Monday, July 16, 2012

Back in the Swing

Today I took my CSQA exam and I can now get back to normal life. I have really not done much sewing, scrapbooking or pleasure reading since the beginning of the year. The only exception is sewing classes or socials. So tonight, even though it was 10pm, I decided to spend my 15 minutes doing something. Because I've not been sewing so much my sewing room was a mess. But I also have a shower on Saturday that I needed to whip up a gift for, so I was torn. My ultimate plan (I should learn not to make plans) was to finish the exam this afternoon and start the project, but I needed to run a couple of errands and decompress so that didn't happen.  

So I decided that I can still stay on schedule if I cut the fabric tonight, put the top together on Tuesday and sandwich, quilt it on Wednesday, prepare and sew on binding on Thursday, and then do binding during a very long movie marathon on Friday. Of course getting ahead would be nice. I've already decided that the quilting will be large stipple. My big concern is hand-turning the binding, since I'm not known for my speed.  

Tonight I cut out all the fabric (I LOVE precuts!) and then spent 10 minutes straightening up my quilt area. I'm realizing the number of UFOs that I have. Good thing that's the theme of the quilt retreat this year! I will certainly have many projects to choose from, including the Zakka class projects, which I have gained quite a few that I've yet to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment