Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Queen of Binding!

Well, that's how I feel about myself right now. In the last two days I've prepped 3 projects for binding, and now there are 4 items ready for turning binding. I started hitting roadblocks tonight when I realized that my backing to one of my table runners was too short, and I'll need to add some fabric to the ends of it.

Tomorrow I have quilt day at Jodie's house (YEA!). I picked up the components of my pot-luck side dish today so all I really need to do tonight is get my stuff ready for tomorrow and choose what I should work on.

I've got three projects that are ready for quilting that I can do on my machine and tomorrow I'd like to get them sandwiched and pinned together. I also have two Zakka projects to complete, one is a table runner and one a Christmas gift. Plus I have two other bigger projects that I'll take with me. I like to take advantage of time at Jodie's where there are long stretches of working time, large layout areas and no pets to distract me.

As I was working today I was thinking that I'm finishing all my UFOs! Why is this a problem, you ask? Because the quilt retreat theme this year is UFOs. But I then realized that I should never worry about not having enough projects to work on, because there are tons of patterns in my room and on pinterest and in my head, and I have lots of fabric for them. Plus I have my Cinco quilt, which is a fun but time-intensive quilt that I'm sure I will be working on for a long time.

Tomorrow after the quilt day I intend to spend the evening working on binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment