Monday, February 11, 2013

A Long Time Away!

I actually had to look at old posts tonight to figure out where I left off!

Basically, for the last two-ish weeks, I've not being doing my 15 minutes a day. More on why in a sec.

Tonight though I got back into it by working on hand-piecing again. Tonight I was working on the 6th block of the hand-piecing class called Follow the Leader. It was the simple block of the partial seam class. I need to go back and make sure I have pictures of all of them. Another task for another night.

The other thing I did was create a design for a friend who has asked for a baby quilt for her not-yet-so grandchildren. She's just ready to be prepared and it's good for me because there is no deadline. Here's the design I came up with:


These are actually the fabrics she brought for me. They are some of the same fabrics that she used to make clothes for her kids, so it's a special link. I think I have enough for at least two, maybe three. It's a simple pattern but is so very bright and cheery. She likes the design and I'll get started on the construction soon.

The last thing on my radar for February is of course, my Connie's Game entry. I have not made any progress on that table topper other than to look at it and say to myself, "You need to start that." I think I might have backing already for it but in case I don't, I have plenty of food fabric to make a back.

So why haven't I been working? I've been so tired for the past two weeks, and one week I had a lingering headache that would not go away. I could not figure out why I just didn't feel great. Then I got a call last Friday from my endocrinologist who's been playing with my medication dosage after I went a little hyper-thyroid, saying that the last dosage change made my thyroid go crazy into the hypo-thyroid range. This of curse makes tons of sense after the fact. So we're back to being slightly hyper-thyroid because it's the better option. Hopefully the new dose will start to kick in soon and I'll be back to my regular self.

No comments:

Post a Comment