Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February UFO: Complete!

My fingers are tingly because I've been stitching for hours tonight to finish my table topper for February's UFO project but it's finally done. Here it is!

Front:

And the back:

I was really pleased to find this lemon and lime back in my stash that was just large enough, and some leftover orange binding. I even pieced batting from other projects so i wouldn't have to buy any. Unfortunately i am running out of batting pieces and won't be able to do that for much longer for larger pieces.

I truly think this will be one table topper where I will use both sides.

But the best news is that I have two whole days without a UFO to worry about. I can focus on hand-piecing alone. I have one block in progress, and then 5 more to be caught up with the classes. I will not be caught up before we meet again, but I'd like to be closer. My plan for the next two days is to finish the block in progress and cut out the templates and fabric for the next blocks.

And of course the fabric folding is still ongoing. I completed all my fabric that was sorted by color in bins. I had started folding fat quarters around the boards, but I'm rethinking that decision and have stopped. I'm also brainstorming my "system" and once I land on it I'll post about it. I'm trying to not get stuck in strip-land. The other roadblock I ran into were the scraps. I have a ton of scraps in strange shapes. How small is too small? I'm still trying to figure that out for my stash. I hate throwing away fabric but this could become a problem. Pondering this daily...

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your February UFO! Love how you're coming along with your fabric storage.

    ReplyDelete