Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mission: Organization!

This weekend I had intended to work on my February UFO project, but went a different direction.

I did go get my table topper though and tried out the fabric that I originally thought of for a back, but I don't have enough of it. So I will need to piece a back for the topper. I'm actually ok with this because I have a lot of fabric that is food oriented and I can make something cute. This week I must have that back ready to quilt at Quilt Block Party on Saturday.

But I digress...today while we were out an about we happened upon Vintage Stock looking for a game controller. While looking around I happened to see comic book boards and I suddenly remembered that u had planned to buy some to organize my fabric and make mini bolts. After a quick price comparison to Amazon, I bought two 100 packs and brought them home.

Tonight I have been making mini bolts from my green and blue fabrics. Here are the results!

Awesome right!?!?!?

I'm so excited about how nice this is working for me and how fast it's been going. I will have to purchase more boards though, as this is a fraction of the fabric in my house.

The only downside to this is that it will force me to determine a scrap system. I can put everything down to a fat quarter on a board, but I have lots of weird pieces that are not small enough to throw out and not large enough to get their own board. Right now they are in large Ziplocks and fabric bins. I must do some Internet research to find a good method.

In the end, I'm hoping this will help both with storage and display options. Our house is actually in a very organized state except for my sewing and scrap booking supplies. This is a good first step to making organization a reality for that space.

 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the organized look of your fabric! I've cut the smaller scrapes up into different size strips or squares and store them as pre-cuts. I'm sure you'll find the perfect solution to those scraps.

    ReplyDelete