Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Hand Sewing...New Block

Tonight I had planned to set up my machine to put the binding on for my UFO project. However when we finished dinner we started working on our office area which needs some major TLC so I never set up my machine.

We are almost done with the flooring in the top half of our house and will be contemplating how we will be fixing up the basement. Part of the process is just to declutter that area in general. We've started with the office corner, but will continue to my sewing/crafting supplies and then our extra room, which has become the storage area.

Last week I worked over our filing cabinet and got that in good order. Tonight we worked over the desk drawers and our extra filing sorter. Before I knew it, it was 9 pm and I was ready to just sit and be. So instead of sewing my binding on I worked on my hand sewing. I worked on the Starry Path block, which is nice because only the center has the machine point. Although I like the points I get with hand-piecing, it's nice to have something a little more mindless every now and then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment