Sunday, January 6, 2013

Semi-crafting

Connie's Game gave us our first number and it was 5. That is my charm square table runner that was a Zakka project from last spring that I quilted at the quilt retreat last fall.

Tonight I spent some time going through my binding leftovers from past projects and found three possible options. I think I'm going with the brown and pink binding. If I did it again, I would envelope this. Not because of the funky binding (I found a Pinterest tutorial) but because there are so many colors and patterns, it's hard for me to determine the best inning options.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can clear off my sewing table enough to sew it on and get ready for hand-turning.

The other thing I did tonight was to work on the quilt for hire I was asked to do. I started scanning fabric into my computer and started getting EQ7 installed back on my laptop. A friend of a friend asked me to create a baby blanket for her daughter. There is no baby yet but she wants to be ready.

Originally I had planned to do a biblical block theme for her, but I don't have quite enough fabric to make them all work. Then today as I was looking at the fabric again I decided that perhaps a scrappy approach would be better. In my first couple of results on a search I found a simple nine block option that I think will work great.

 

1 comment:

  1. The binding you chose will be a great frame for your table runner. Let us know how the stitching goes!

    ReplyDelete